Friday, March 6, 2009

I've been to a minor place, and I can say I like it's face. If I am gone and with no trace, I will be in a minor place.

The sky is beautiful. The air smells like fresh bed sheets after being newly washed. I'm smoking a cigarette on my non-existent balcony. I've put on Les Savy Fav's album "Let's Stay Friends." I'm watching John reattach the bike rack to the back of the car. We're going to the east. I think. Basically the plan is to hop into the car and drive. We're aiming to reach the Appalachians, but I don't know if we'll get that far. 

After a quick stint in the office this early (6:30) this morning, I packed everything up, came home, and have been ready to head out since. I packed berries and bread for a quick breakfast on the road even, except John was hardly out of the shower when I was ready to go. He's getting a slow start since he spent the entire evening out yesterday, finally arriving home in the early morning completely incoherent and loud. Thankfully I made extra coffee to pacify him. 

Well, I should stop writing and find my shoes, wherever they are. 

No comments: