Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And no one wants a tune about the 100th luftballoon that was seen shooting from the window of your room.

We made it to the Shenandoah. The park was silent, as I suppose many people don't travel there often in the early spring. We then met up with some our eastern friends. John went to college in the region, so he's always eager to meet up with other "buddies" of his.  We all camped out under the stars, drank cheap alcohol from the bottle in front of the campfire, and remembered what it was like to be a teenager again. It was still a little chill at night, which naturally made sleeping in the open air of night cold, but somehow enjoyable. 


In the daytime, I wore shorts (for the first time this year!) and hiked around. We only stayed near Shenandoah for one night, the other two (days and nights) we spent biking and hiking around the uplands of Kentucky. I'll post some more photographs soon. My battery died not even halfway through the trip, so most of the good photos, were taken with John's older (less digital) Nikon, and he hasn't developed them yet, for me to begin the tedious procedure of digital copies. 






Well, I'll write more later (and post more photos) later, for now I have to go and deal with crazed students who seem to have forgotten that midterms were this week. It really amazes me that they can prepare these outlandish spring break trips to Mexico and all the other bright beaches of the Americas, but still at the same time act as if that fact that it's midterm week totally phases them. People confuse me sometimes. Well, it's back to the office . . . then the lab . . . then a meeting . . . then the lab . . . then the office . . . and then finally home, again, maybe. I'll be at this schedule all week, if I survive. Hopefully. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the shenandoah valley (obviously). great to see you this weekend. must do it again.

Eve said...

Naturally! Next, time you must drive over to our stomping ground-