Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Beautiful Outside.

So, I was advised against rolling the snow, whether I actually would have or not, by John. He called to suggest that we have a grilled cheese night, and if so he'd pick up some deli slices after work. I said sure, because, well who refuses grilled cheese? and it gives me a reason to whip up a brothy noodled soup with tons of chopped veggie goodness. Anyways . . . I said, "I'm going to roll around in the snow," and he said,"Uh, are you sure that's a good idea?" and I said, "Why not?" and he said, "Well if you nose pops open and starts bleeding everywhere on the snow people might think you killed someone in the backyard," and I said, "Oh yeah, I forgot, the nose . . . right." End of conversation. 

So that's why I won't be rolling anywhere. The nose. It's still broken, obviously. I have like six stitches on it that will have to be removed and a "brace" around it to help mend the cartilage after they snapped it back into place. It's actually quite gross . . . the entire area is this swollen lump of bruises that I suppose would be sore to the touch if I wasn't abusing my pain medication, which makes my entire body kind of numb. My greatest hope is that it'll heal without scarring . . . I mean, the doctor told I'd probably have a lump in my nose from now on from the scar tissue . . . but I hope the big gash that had to be stitched up shows minimal tissue damage. On the brighter side, scars aside, I do fall to sleep easier without relying on my sleep aids . . . it must be a side effect of the drugs. 

However, despite the whole "not being able to roll around in the snow thing" (sheesh, I sound like I twelve or something . . . maybe this is a side effect of the painkillers as well . . . hmm), I did pick out the perfect music for the day. Think Britpop. What do you think of? Blur, of course! (or at least I do . . . maybe they're a little too rocky for pop, but whatever). I've put on their album "Parklife" and intend to keep it on all afternoon. I even hooked up the speakers to play the sound outside so I can run around in the back yard and still hear the music . . . Hmm, I feel like twirling in circles. That's probably a bad idea too. 

Well, I'll think of something to expend some of this energy I have building. For now I'll just listen to some Blur inside . . . and grade papers (even though it's boring). 

No comments: