Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Catching a Flight to Montreal After Late Night Exams: Why I Love Travel.

I just got back from administering a final exam. It was one of the late night exams scheduled from 7-10 pm. Thankfully, the exam was one of those "150 multiple choice questions" kind of tests, so all the students got finished earlier than the allotted time, thus making it so I got to leave sooner. I'm also double thankful for the multiple choice exam, because it means I don't have to spend the next week trying to pull myself through grading 60 exams manually over my holiday, which actually will be starting tomorrow. 

I have office hours in the morning which I'm obliged to make an appearance for, but when they end I will then be off to the airport to catch my flight to Montreal . . . well, my flight to Chicago where I have an overnight layover and a flight to Montreal the next morning. I have a feeling it's going to be a little hectic. Just writing about layovers and flights and destinations . . . makes me feel flustered . . . but in a good way (if that is possible). I suppose I love to fly. You know, seeing the world through that tiny window, so far away, but still there. Maybe it's just the nerd in me but I like to identify landforms as we pass over them in the plane . . . synclines, bajadas, drumlin fields, whatever. 

Anyways, I should stop writing and go double check my suitcase . . . so I don't have to worry about wondering if I packed enough pairs of socks in the morning . . . and I should find my plane ticket . . . and pack a sack lunch for the wait at the airport.

Oh, I almost forgot . . .the most important thing: my travel playlist. I needed to upload it to my ipod before I leave. It would be a shame to leave without remembering to bring the music essentials. 

No comments: