Monday, December 15, 2008

Black Star: Let's Take a Bath!

Black Star. Well, I can tell you it's just about the worse thing in the world to switch from Billy Bragg to Black Star. I like them though when they're not placed so abruptly on the playlist. Of course, you'll find that I like most of the music in my library . . . otherwise, it wouldn't be in my library. It just has to be placed in the right mood when listened to. 


I listen to Black Star, not going to lie, when I take a bath. Not showering . . . because showering fits the more Camera Obscura kind of mood, but bathing . . . it fits. Sitting in a pool of warm water. Overflowing with bubbles. Soap. The smell of lavender and vanilla shampoo. Black Star in the background. It just lets you loosen up. Or at least it lets me loosen up . . . pulls muscles out of knots . . . but has that definite edge so that you won't loosen up too much and fall asleep in the tub.  


You know, now that I'm writing about it . . . I think I'll be taking a bath tonight. Wash everything off of me. You know, like a ritual cleaning . . . but minus the ritual part. 

No comments: