Monday, December 15, 2008

Billy Bragg: The Best Moment Ever.

Billy Bragg. I only have Mermaid Avenue Vol I & II which are the collaborations between Bragg and Wilco . . . done using the works of Woody Guthrie songs. It's nice . . . kind of folky, kind of country . . . it's a good mix of both, and well, his voice is so low and soulful. Of course, since the album is partially full of Wilco performing the songs . . . It's kind of hard to situate just the Billy Bragg half. So I won't. Here's the mood:

Between 9 and 11 am when the sun has risen, but it's still technically morning. Cloudless sky. Wind. Lots of wind. Sometime in April, maybe March. The music is playing on the inside . . . but I'm outside and can still hear it. I have socks on. And a long T-shirt. No pants. It has rain recently, as in the last week, but not too recently so that the pavement on the streets is still wet. There is a big puddle of mud in the back lawn. I hop off the patio into it. Socks are still on. It splashes up, water and mud, onto my legs. Seeps into the white socks. Stains them brown. It's time to run. Everywhere. Around the trees. Hopping from puddle to puddle. Getting sufficiently dirty. I hear somebody waking up on the inside of the house. All motion stops. They peek their out the window. Questioning. I shrug my shoulders. Scene ends. 

I have to say: best moment ever. 

No comments: