Monday, December 15, 2008

Early Day, Mood Off, and A Little Bit of Retrospection: Why I Started This Day With Apple Pancakes.

Today. Day one of finals week, and obviously my office hours were filled with students questioning everything. I've got a review session tomorrow night . . . to answer most of the same questions. I don't know. After office hours I got to go home, there was no reason to stay there. I finished all of my laboratory tests for work, now I've just got data entry left . . . which is b-o-r-i-n-g . . . and I can do it at home, rather than being in office. 

It was 9 degrees today . . . and naturally I had a 20 minutes hike down the hill to where I parked my vehicle. It was . . . a chilly walk spent in retrospection for my obviously unwise decision to forgo searching for a knitted hat this morning. When I got home, thankfully the fire had not yet extinguished itself, so the house was warm enough. This was at about 12:30 (amazingly early, I know) . . . so I made some apple pancakes . . . with kiwi (a little unseasonal, I know, but it fit) . . . and of course topped with vanilla ice cream.  


Oh, and I thought I'd add the manicotti from last evening as well. It turned out nicely. 

Anyways, I've been in a funk . . . music-wise. I was able to pick anything out this afternoon once I got home . . . unusual, I know. I ended up having to put the library on shuffle . . . it was awful. I usually have such a clear picture in my head of what mood I'm in. I ended up having to start my way a Belle & Sebastian and working my way through the following "B's." I don't think I'm going to follow that schematic ever again. It threw the entire rest of the day off. Oh, and I've written up all of the artists below, excluding ones I've written about before like Belle & Sebastian . . . Maybe you'll be able to associate your mood . . . unlike me. 

No comments: