Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It Feels Like I Have Bugs Crawling Over My Entire Body: Why I Went To the Drugstore Today and Invested in Multiple Bottles of Hydrocortisone Cream.

I thought that should also write a little bit more than just for the ongoing music selection posts . . . so, obviously, I am doing this for this post. So, I'm getting back into the swing of things . . . back to school (sadly) and "real" work (again, sadly) . . . really I've been back in this swing for a couple of weeks now though . . . and (sadly) it's still not getting better. 

I suppose I could say that it's better than last year though . . . since John and I bought the house the commute has been shortened . . . which makes the drive bearable, and when I get home at night John is usually off work already and because he loves the kitchen so much (still) he usually already has some warm and delicous prepared for dinner . . . which I must so is the most delightful thing a person can meet once once come home: a house full of such wonderful smells and . . . warmth? 

On the issue of warmth, I am thnakful to say that the weather is getting extremely better . . . or at least has been. Yesterday when I walked outside to leave, I stopped, shivered (yes, I actually shivered outside in August), and had to go back inside and get a jacket . . . all of which is completely enjoyable to me . . . if not a little bit diconcerting as, well, it's never 50 degrees at 11:00 in the afternoon in August here . . . it's like last winter when the temperature went up to 75 over the holidays . . . terribly disconcerting. But hey, I'm not going to get into a big spiel on global climate change . . . because it'll just put me in a huff and won't make me able to enjoy the freshly baking fruit pastries that John is currently baking in the oven. 

On a light note then, climate might be changing, but the areas local fauna problem is not . . . and when I say fauna, I do not mean deer or skunk or squirrel . . . I'm talking about bugs . . . lots and lots of bugs . . . and the many many bug bites that accompany them. Furthermore, I'm talking about the MILLIONS of bug bites that I have covering my body right now. At first I thought I was breaking out in another rash of shingles (see some of my very early posts for more details) but then it turned otu all the hives like bumps coating my ankles, legs, and stomach were not the beginning of a very large shingle outbreak . . . but instead the beginning of millions of little bug bites that would threaten to have me itch myself raw . . . and I must say I nearly would have if John had not intervened halfway through last night when he woke up to the sound of me thrashing about trying to itch the itch out.  His solution: a tube of hyrocortisone cream not nearly large enough to cover the surface area of all of my bites . . . but eh, at least he tried. Today, I went to the drug store and invested in a much larger bottle

Anyways I should go then . . . you know, reapply some anti-itch cream, eat some of those wonderful smelling pastries that John is currently pulling out of the oven, and then save some room for dinner . . . becuase I think there's quiche as well. 

No comments: