Thursday, September 18, 2008

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah: Why Don't You Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah!

I am going to be ending the theme of yesterday, which was full of many UK artists and etc, by starting up today/tonight with some posts on another of my favorites, (I know the words favorite become redundant when you have too many, but hey, give me a break), Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah! I written about them before . . . and I might have even mentioned how Alec Ounsworth is god. 

But more to the point (not the Ounworth's godliness is not a point . . . ), Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah is music for . . . I dunno . . . driving in Alaska? I'm only saying that because I'm currently compiling some road trip music for mine and John's vacation to Alaska in a couple of weeks (yeah, I think I forgot to mention, John and I are going backpacking in Alaska! Woot?) and my road music from the whole Oregon-Washington-Canada-Alaska portion of the trip has an overwhelming amount of Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah in it . . . I suppose I still have a couple kinks to work out with it. 

But really picture this: "Some Loud Thunder" or "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" playing as we zip through the northwestern countryside . . . full of tall spruce trees and that muggy wet weather . . . it's kind of refreshing to think about . . . or at least I think it is. 

Oh, and I'm not going to post any pictures . . . because well, I'm tired of it . . . and I'm sure I posted some before so, if you really want to see some godly Alec Ounsworth, search the archives . . . or do it the easy way and just Google image search him . . . duh!

No comments: