Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Camera Obscura: Why They Set the Perfect Scene for Providing the Ultimate Showering Entertainment.

To keep up with the UKian theme of the last two posts, I am going to be writing about some Camera Obscura now (and probably some Belle & Sebastian . . . The Divine Comedy . . . The Pogues . . . after that, I suppose it's really what I'm comfortable listening to at the moment . . .  which who knows, could be some, I dunno Talib Kweli? or Funkadelic? (I'm just trying the think of a complete opposite to Camera Obscura . . . didn't work out well)). 

So, Camera Obscura . . . I briefly . . . and confusingly (maybe) mentioned in my last post that Camera Obscura gets me through the stress of showering, and I suppose I should follow that statement with one saying that it was/is completely true.  Camera Obscura is music for the shower, at least for me . . . My brother, back in the day, bought me one of those waterproofed CD players (outdated now, I know, but hey, it still works!) so I could listen to stuff in the shower and be able to hear it, unlike when you pull the boombox out and set it up on the bathroom sink, turn up the volume to max, and hope that you'll still be able to hear it when the shower's running . . . apparently he though that if I used this, it would solve that problem and make one not want to eh, sing in the shower? Anyways, nowdays . . . I just use a rotation of Camera Obscura CD's (I have all the released albums, Let's Get Out of This Country, Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi, Underachievers Please Try Harder, and their EP, Rare UK Bird

Now I know you're questioning me, but really everything I'm saying is true . . . Camera Obscura is the ultimate showering music . . . it's mellow enough so that you're not tempted to fall asleep (if you're ever tempted to fall asleep in the shower) but abrasive enough so that you're not tempted to lounge around use more water (that valuable resource, you know) than needed to make yourself clean again. If you don't believe me try it out, Camera Obscura works to time the perfect shower. 





Weren't those enjoyable? I especially loved the one of the showerhead system (of which, I actaully had installed during the new home renovations . . . a bit pricey, but totally worth it . . . it's like I'm being showered by a raincloud, which equals wonderful). I also choose to go with a little bit of irony, but I'm not going to get into it for those that don't get it, because it's really not worth it . . . really. 

No comments: