Monday, September 29, 2008

The Best Show on WFMU with Mixed Fruit Kabobs, Falafels, and a Day Spent Holidaying It Up.

I've been lost for a while, as you might have noticed. Last week I just got so bundled up with work and studying and work and dinner and bad television and pumpkins and everything that I just kind of forgot to post . . . anything. So I am finally picking it back up where I left off (not actually) finally. 

Well I can't really tote any music choices right now . . . because right now I'm catching back up on my "The Best Show on WFMU" via podcast because I haven't been able to listen to them live the last two weeks. Well, there's not much I can say about the show (its one of those that you need to listen to to experience it). 


Hmm. Well now, I'm going to go, I've got some laundry that needs to be done . . . and then I'm going to make some falafels (woot) and . . . I don't know . . . chopped apples, pear, banana, and strawberry kabobs . . . maybe with some dark chocolate inter-kabobed between the fruit. After that I'll be going all suburbia and putting up the fall seasonal decor around the house. You know, the cornucopia on the table, the pumpkins on the porch, and everything. 

This weekend I went out and bought like a million pumpkins (because I love pumpkins seeds baked with cinnamon) and the gourd vines I planted in the backyard have yielded quite a bit. I bought some last year (some gourd squash) and I've dried them out this year for me to make bird houses with (yay!). This being the first year that I haven't lived in the city, meaning that I now have a yard with trees, I can actually hang my bird house out in the yard. Real Meaning: I'm going to totally craft it up!  

Well sheesh, I have to go and study . . . I've got a couple of tests coming up . . . and I have to write, write, write. Whatever. John's going to go crazy if he finds out I'm making falafels . . . but who cares?

No comments: