Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Waiting for My Ears to Thaw.

I just got home. It was a late night at the office again and I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to end up just the same, since class isn't in session on Friday and next week is finals week. I am just tired of dealing with people. It gets so repetitive after a while that I get so wound up and I never have a chance to deflate.

It is still cold here. I lost all feeling in my face in the walk from my car to the flat. I lost my hat with the poof-ball on top and cozy ear flaps on the sides, so everything just hits me right in the face. I tried to wrap my scarf so it would kind of block the wind out, but alas, it didn't work.

I was so glad when I got in to see the John was still here and had kept dinner warm in the oven. It was a nice warm vegetarian lasagna with rye and garlic toast, a side of fresh broccoli and snow peas all tumbled together, finished with the best fruit pastry I have ever had (it was from the gourmet bakery down the street). Yum! Yesterday he surprised me with, not tomato soup like he said; instead, it was fusilli pasta in a Gorgonzola and walnut sauce with a side of very delicious winter melon soup. It was superb beyond all comparison.

Tomorrow I think he's planning something with chicken or turkey . . . some kind of poultry. I'm looking forward to it. I told him to not begin cooking it until later in the evening though, because I don't want it to be cold when I come home . . . that always kind of ruins it. Friday, however, on my day off we're driving over to St. Louis to visit his parents for the day. We're staying up there for the entire weekend though, to take in the environment and lifestyle, go see the art museum (it always has good exhibitions), and mingle with some of John's old college friends that still live in the area. It'll be nice, since I never get to go anywhere new unless its for work or school. I've forgotten what it feels like to actually have fun and enjoyment while on holiday.

Anyways, my feet are getting cold and I am having a really strong craving for some hot chocolate. Weird, I know. I think I'll go and put the kettle on to make some.

No comments: