Wednesday, June 17, 2009

There's burnt "something" in the quiche pan downstairs. I think it caught on fire.

The burning thing . . . somebody left something in the oven far too long. I write "something" rather than what it was because, it caught fire and was charred beyond recognition. I'm going to guess a quiche of some sort. The odd thing is that I'm the only person in the house right now . . . so whoever put it in there left the premise, completely forgetting about their . . . something. This talk of foodstuffs puts me in the mood to post the two most yummy things I've had lately.

Delicious, right? That's what I thought. I'd whip something half as good right now, but I have to first figure out how the rid the house of the smell of burnt something . . . without making the smell worse. Maybe I'll just close the bedroom door (so I don't/won't have to worry about it) and make someone deal with it (and the severe pan washing the quiche pan will have to undergo) in the morning . . . yeah, maybe.

4 comments:

mgi said...

great pics - made me wanna go to my favorite cafe and order something - right about now - but it´s late and all cafes are closed - not burned - maybe in the morning - i could bring one of your pics and ask for something that looks that delicious - half as good would do too - how was it? btw; soon going to france myself - watching your pics from around makes me even more inspired - looking forward to those holy days. salute.

Eve said...

Thanks! They were quite delicious, as eclairs and custards usually are. Where will you be traveling to in France? I love it here, it's a beautiful country, I'll be so sad when I leave it soon. Anyways, have fun on your travels, I hope it turns out to be a wonderful adventure-

mgi said...

first i will go to nice, then to paris, then south again, and maybe to italy or up north to berlin - not sure yet! looking forward to traveling again. are you going overseas soon? salute.

Eve said...

Ah, I'm staying in Villefranche-sur-Mer on the outskirts of Nice. It's wonderful country around the region, beautiful blue beaches. I'm going to stay in Italy and Austria for a couple of weeks after I leave France, to visit with old friends . . . and because I love travelling in general.

Anyways, your trip sounds like it will be lovely, so please, enjoy it. And of course, post lots of photographs! Ciao