Monday, May 25, 2009

Why I feel so . . . disheveled and disarrayed.

I know I haven't been writing much lately, since I always seem to have my hands full with the menial busywork that has become my life. Of course, naturally, France is still beautiful and the sea is still . . . well a big sea, but as it turns out living with a group of my colleagues isn't exactly like living at home. In my own house, my subtle disarray is made up of contained, tumbled book and folder piles. However, here, nothing is contained. I spend my days out at sea in the field and in the lab, and at night I spend them trying to tame the wild mess that has become our once quaint villa. It is unbelievably nerve-wracking.

Well, anyways, I am uploading my photographs now and will get around to posting them later. For now, I need to sleep. I won't have any work, but paperwork to do tomorrow, because some of our equipment isn't working in the field and their going to spend most of the day recalibrating and configuring it. I opted to not help out, which was probably selfish and spiteful of me, but who cares?

No comments: