Monday, May 11, 2009

Floods, Finals, France: My past, present, and future (despite the unbearable cheesy-ness of that line).

I have been unabashedly busy since my last post a week or so ago. I realized only Wednesday last week that it was the last week of classes, which threw me into a tizzy to finish grading all the backlog of papers I had yet to grade. Then I realized that my entire schedule for the next week (this week) was going to be all out of whack due to final examinations. Thankfully, I'll be down with proctoring and etc. by Wednesday, so I can devote my time to more pressing matters, because despite my fervent planning and scheduling, I lapsed and forgot that in 6 days I'll be on a plane flying over the ocean and staying there for 8 weeks. Yeah, I'm feeling a little stressed out. 

Thankfully, however, the rain has stopped. For the entire week, last week, my days were hindered by the intermittent downpours of spring rain, causing both the front and back lawn to flood (my greenhouse had at least 12 inches of water flooded in the bottom of it). Then afterwards, when the sun would deceivingly poke out from behind the clouds, the temperature would spike to above 80 degrees and the air would become thick with  muggy humidity and buzzing bugs. 

Well, anyways, I have to go into the lab tonight, again. I have to start shutting everything down, for the most part, during my leave over the summer holiday. I would rather that I not get stuck Thursday or Friday night dealing with it, because that would most undoubtedly ruin my week. 

No comments: