Monday, March 30, 2009

"Too Cute" : Why I never thought I would find myself writing those words.

I went on a sort of a baking frenzy this weekend. I was in one of those modes and after very little coaxing by friends baked up all these goodies for a birthday party. They're mostly cupcakes of different varieties, along with the cake . . . and I even splurged whipped up a tray of marzipan candies (yum)! The party went over fine. It was for my friend, Anna, whom thought that maybe the idea of formal birthday party was a little childish for someone her age, but I told her quite firmly to suck it up. We should all enjoy the spoils of childhood, even if we're in our late twenties (or acting even more middle-aged). Of course, I naturally just enjoyed it because dessert decorating to overly fun . . . and well, I don't know many people with children for whom I could bake decorated treats for, so I substitute  for proper adults that have no sense of idyllic joy. 










I suppose the photos really brighten up the page. Sheesh, everything looks so . . . cute. It's as if I need to add a couple photos of some kitties and puppies to really complete this post.

Yeah, I don't think that that is going to happen. 

No comments: