Sunday, March 22, 2009

My dog was lost but now he's found.

My nap/supposed "deep" sleep didn't last long. I was awoken by John who in a stated of confusion and sheer orneriness (I'm doubting the validity of this word, but the root of it describes so well), woke me. He was not alone. Our neighbor, whom I've never met before, was with him (and looking quite frightening as well, dressed in thick boots and carrying a large shovel). Apparently he wanted to chat (quite angrily) with us about our dogs and thought the presence of his large forbearing shovel/(murder weapon) might intimidate us. 

The hilarity in the situation is that, after being lectured for about an hour and half without pause or opening to say a word about our obnoxious animals, I had to politely (or politely as I could), "Sir, this is a grave situation indeed, because we do not own any dogs. Or any animal of the sort. We must be having a ghostly situation here, or you're just crazy. Now please leave, before I have to threaten you with my shovel." I think I angered him. But, really, the man was a little out of line. I mean if I really did own a canine, after he said he was going "beat it dead," I think I would have been a little more irrational. 

Anyways, Seattle. It was . . . more enjoyable as the week progressed. Still rainy, still a little boring for my taste, but overall okay. I saw my father, and he obviously didn't look so hot, with the whole about to die thing going on. I saw my brothers, all four of them (Septimus, Julian, Noel, Peter) and stayed with them, alternating throughout the week. They really made me think about and appreciate why I left with my mother, when moved from Vancouver to Chicago when I was a young teen. I don't have much in common with them, I think. 








I'll post more photographs of the actual city later. For now you'll just have to enjoy photos of my family and their far too luxurious homes. I mean really, what's the deal? Why do I feel so lower-class when I'm around them? Oh right, maybe because I am, in comparison. 

4 comments:

Septimus said...

I spy a Peter, I spy a Noel, but pray tell where is Mr. Julian? Fly back soon. Even though you don't want to.

Eve said...

Mr. Observant: well, Julian fled the prying camera's lens . . . and I'm not coming back . . . anytime soon. You four are too much to deal with. Ha.

Septimus said...

......Sadness. Oh, and Julian, total twerp. Gotta put the shake down on him now.

Eve said...

Ha, if you can!