Friday, February 6, 2009

To make a prairie it takes a clover and one bee. One clover, and a bee, and revery. The revery alone will do, if bees are few.

The weather has been great for the past week. It makes me kind of miss the feeling of winter . . . especially since it's still February . . . and it shouldn't feel like this until two more months from now. 




Of course, I kind of can't wait until my back yard looks like this again. I suppose pictures will do for now . . . they brighten up the air at least. 

2 comments:

Gin said...

If there is anything about the midwest I love, it's the prairies. They're beautiful, can't believe you're lucky enough to have one right in the backyard.

Eve said...

I know! The best thing is the smell . . . at night if you leave the window open, the breeze will batch right across the field, wicking up the scents of wild foral freshness.

Oh, and the coneflowers make for easy arrangements-