Monday, December 8, 2008

Polyphonic Spree, Grilled Cheese, and a Busy Schedule: What I Can See in My Future.

It's the last week of classes before finals week. I have to say that I'm glad. Then it's off to Montreal. I'm staying there for a week, catching a plane back to Chicago staying there for a few days, renting an automobile to drive down to St. Louis to meet up with John and his family there (I'm really looking forward to it again! As if the grandmother who didn't speak English wasn't confused last year about why we dating or getting married . . . she'll be even more puzzled we she finds out we're living together, ha), then I'll be riding back home with John. Ah, all the travel I'm going to be doing, in such a short time . . . It's wonderful. 

Anyways, this week is going be all about, you know . . . calming down, feeling my inner zen, and I don't know making great soup and grilled cheeses sandwiches (that's what I do before every finals week). To do this, I'm going to be reverting back to some good, wholesome, folk music . . . well, maybe it won't all be folk music . . . but it will be soothing, low key . . . and very melodious. 

I'm not going all out folk today . . . actually I'm not even entering into the genre (but wait for it, tomorrow I'll totally be bringing out the Cat Power) . . . Tonight, I putting on the Polyphonic Spree. You know, the good kind of music that uplifts the soul and brings in the sunshine. They've got that edge of instrumental that I'm craving but at the same time the reverberation of choir and song. Plus, I can't stress this enough, they wear uniforms. Which sells the whole deal. I saw them for their New Year's Eve Concert with Grandaddy . . . robes and all. Best night of my life. Best show of my life, as well. Now really have to go turn the music up . . . loud.

No comments: