Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Hold Steady: Why I Would Totally Want To Go To the Chillout Tent and Get Some Oranges and Cigarettes.

And this . . .  a far cry from MGMT, but . . . this one was high on my play count for the weekend . . . and for well, for forever. The Hold Steady . . . yeah . . . they're kind of awesome . . . wait get rid of that kind of . . . they are awesome. I only have two of their four albums: Boys and Girls in America and Separation Sunday. They kind of remind me of . . . something, something familiar . . . but familiar in one of those good ways, like the smell of charcoal and coffee, not one of those tired and bored ways of repetition. 

For me, I put a good hold of these into a mix for when I went on a road trip to the southwest two years ago . . . this is good "driving-through-the-Moab-Desert-in-100-degrees-of-heat-with-tumble-weed-and-sand-separating-the-road-from-everything-else-during-the-summer" kind of music . . . try it out and you'll find that it totally works. 

Art? Now? Okay?




As you might be able to tell from the title of this post . . . I'm totally into "Chillout Tent" but hey, I'm also into "Cattle and the Creeping Things" and "Southtown Girls." Check them out. 

Yeah, I'm promoting the band . . . whatever. 

No comments: