Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Brother Pulls a Pop-In.

My brother's staying with us for the tonight before we hop on the plane to fly out to the sandy beaches and blue sea. He arrived last night, a day early, which through me for a loop for about ten seconds, before I reminded myself exactly what kind of a person my brother is . . . I mean really, he's the one person in the world that still actually believes communication via postal system is the only way to go. It threw me for a loop though, being that it was nearly 8 or 9 when I got a call . . . "hey, where do you live?" . . . "uh, on the end of 8th" . . . "kay, be there in a second" . . . click. I had just that instant to go ". . . what? be there in a second . . . he's already here, isn't he?"

Ah. Isn't it just great when vagabond siblings pull a pop-in? But I can't complain . . . we're going to the Caribbean . . . and though I know that this trip is supposed to be for vacation and whatnot . . . I'm going to stash sometime for a mini-amount of research as well . . . can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

....I'm not sure whether I disapprove. John told me your blog (so you can beat up on him some later) and all about my frequent mentionings. S'pose, I had see what little sis' was writing about me in the interspace.... vagabond brother? Am I really? I guess I do have a strange predalication for the postal system.....

Anonymous said...

oh. by the way, it's nine o'clock and you're playing neutral milk hotel way too loudly. I can hear Jeff Magnum's whiny voice through these sheets called walls...

Eve said...

. . . you're one to talk, mr. i'll-snore-as-loud-as-jeff-magnum's-voice-on-the-plane-while-sleeping . . . really, you should definitely invest in some breathing strips.