Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jump, Run, Go, Fun: Why I Felt to the Need to Bore Others With My Completely Drab Listening Choices of the Present and the Past and Even the Future.

I didn't doing anything of interest today . . . unless you consider napping interesting. Therefore, I thought that I would update my current listening choices. I believe I was last stuck somewhere between The Raconteurs and The Essex Green and maybe with a little bit of Belle & Sebastian through in the middle somewhere. Lately I have been in a folk-like mood, you know, something just melodic and clear. Yesterday this tab was filled for me by Damien Rice, which was a switch for me, since I normally . . . well, never is a better word . . . listen to him, but yesterday I had one of those cravings for something . . . and he was the first thing that popped into my head and it just fit. The only reason I have any of his albums is because a friend gave it to me a while back because he thought I would "dig" it. Apparently, he was right.




My Damien rice fit ended in the later hours of yesterday evening, but for my first awakening, which came an hour earlier at 1 a.m., I was in a different mood. I put on The Divine Comedy because it has that drive, but isn't too "loud" so it wouldn't wake John up. I love Neil Hannon's voice. Its so . . . beautiful . . . if that's the right descriptor? Its is just so . . . indescribably great. I have three favorite voices in music, and he is number two . . . number one is Jeff Tweedy . . . and number three is Bonnie "Prince" Billy.
My second awakening at 6 a.m. was accompanied by Neutral Milk Hotel. I actually finished that kick only hours ago at 4 p.m. I hadn't listened to them in quite a while, so it was so refreshing, because forever ago, like eight years or more maybe, they were on top three for listening overall. They were second . . . with first going to Wilco . . . and third to Belle & Sebastian. I don't know what happened to them, but I just now remember why I loved them so.

In the most current hours, I made quite a switch by moving from Neutral Milk Hotel to Of Montreal. I don't particularly know what compulsed me to do so, but I am enjoying the switch of styles. I think I go the idea because out of random closet dig, I found my lost Of Montreal tee that got lost somewhere between me buying it at the concert and me coming home . . . I've been searching for it for over a year, and I didn't even find it when I packed up and moved and then upacked, but somehow it made the journey with me without being discovered.

Ah. Now I'm going to go and take another nap . . . I've done everything I needed to do for today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: