Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ah. A Copy of My of Latest (Rough) Mix: A Vision of This Period in My Life.

Ah, this day is never going to end! So, alas! I am going to make yet another post, to pass the time until I have something better to do. My reasoning: why not? Okay, so while John was going at it his cello (he's playing for some . . . thingy) I was sitting with headphones on compiling something that I have now entitled "A Fifteen-Song Mix for a February Afternoon," as February is the month of mixes. The playlist relies on my current listening attitudes and moods and goes something like this:

"I am Warm and Powerful" by Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
"Nantes" by Beirut
"Leeora" by The Sea and Cake
"Benefits of Lying (with your friend)" by The Apples in Stereo
"One by One" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
"Together" by The Raconteurs
"Two-Headed Boy" by Neutral Milk Hotel
"Satan Said Dance" by Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah!
"Forecast Fascist Future" by Of Montreal
"By the Sea" by The Essex Green
"Star Witness" by Neko Case
"Androgynous" by The Replacements
"The Dress Looks Nice on You" by Sufjan Stevens
"Everybody Knows (except you)" by The Divine Comedy
"Women's Realm" by Belle & Sebastian

The cuts a little rough, but I wasn't really going for a "good" mix, but rather a summation of myself at the current moment . . . and well, I'm a little rough right now. If have any of the above mentioned songs or artists, listen to them . . . it'll be better for your soul.

No comments: