Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ding Dong! A Silly Song, Sure Do Say Somethings Wrong, Smile Awhile, Forget the Bile, And Watch It All Come Down.

I have really no complete idea of why I have recently picked up the knack of writing about my current listening choices, but for some reason its what I feel like doing, so I'm going to stick to it. Today I kicked off the morning with Bonnie "Prince" Billy. I was in the mood for country and I really love his voice. Its so . . . soothing, like it makes me want to lie in a down of feathers and sleep eternally. It that nice melodic tone, not folky enough to be folk just country enough to be country . . . except he isn't one of those commercial country artists that can do nothing but sing about their dog, their booze, and their woman.

However, I have a problem with my Bonnie "Prince" Billy album. So, I got it from my brother, he mailed me a burned copy like he does every once in a while when he uncovers a gem . . . (Yeah, its weird . . . He won't call me on the telephone and as of last year I hadn't talked to him for years . . . but every once and a while I would get packages of mixes and CDs in the mail from him for me to listen to . . . just music, maybe once and a while a note scribbled on a napkin . . . what a strange relationship we have . . . but anyways.) The only problem is that since the disk is a copy my computer doesn't immediately recognize it, so I have manually search for the album information, however, in my case, the CD has an extra unknown track at the beginning of the disk. I have searched and searched and for the life of me cannot figure it out. Its really unnerving. So if anyone has any information about why my copy of "I See a Darkness" has 12 tracks rather than the normal 11 or the bonus Japanese version of 13, please comment and give me some answers.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

. . .


I have to say, I'm completely digging that hat.

Eve said...

Isn't it great? Don't you just want to take those pompoms by the hand and twirl him around. Also note the brick pattern on it as well . . . very chic.

Unknown said...

mmmm dark oldham as usual