Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sleeping with Soup.



Its Sunday night and I'm at the office, like I have been for the past four nights. I have learned to live here. I think if I brought in a sleeping bag I could unfurl it underneath my desk and nobody would even know . . . and then I wouldn't even have to think or worry about the commute home. It's getting boring here, and I had to take a break, so I thought I would write something. The only thing I have to look forward to for the rest of the day, is that John said he was making soup for dinner tonight, and he making at my place so I don't even have to walk up the street to get it. He said it'd be ready when I got home . . . whenever that is. I wonder what kind it is . . . he makes such good soup, with little chunks of everything fresh and delicious. Plus, its like 20 degrees outside with this nasty biting wind. It makes the day even worse.

4 comments:

Andy Rayner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy Rayner said...

Sounds like such fun.
Busy end of semester I see.
We are stormed in today up here. 100km winds at north cape. About 1 foot of snow down so far, and 10 more cm on the way. Power was off for 4 hours this morning and we started the backup generator for an hour to run things till the house heated up.
Anyway, it was nice and cozy to be home and working on the laptop. I have a masters class to finish up by the end of Dec. Anyway, enjoy your soupy- days ahead :-)

And hats of to John (Was that his name?) for doing a soup interjection into your days.

Eve said...

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, the end of the semester is hitting everybody here pretty hard. It was as if they didn’t even see it so now they’re rushing to get everything finished. I am just going to be thankful when it’s over. I’m ready to take in and enjoy the long winter break that’s coming up.

Anyways, it hasn’t snowed or anything yet here. The roads iced over a little bit (which makes me a little worried because I commute for a 45 minute drive everyday). It has just been a biting cold with really bad winds that shake your bones.

Eve said...

Oh, and yeah, you got John’s name right. He’s a lifesaver. The soup was delicious; it was some kind of chunky chicken vegetable noodle soup, and he even made grilled cheese to go with it. Yum! He said he’d do the same for me tonight, this time with tomato soup, which I’m really looking forward to—after dealing all day with paperwork and grades, I need something to help me wind down.

Anyways, I hope you have fun with that master’s class . . . I know how stressful they can be.