Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finally, A Break.

I made it through finals. I was excited. Now I am just waiting for grades to be posted and whatnot. With Christmas coming around the bend, I am enjoying this, in my opinion, well-deserved break, by "vacationing" with my brother in Missouri (exciting, I know . . . ) Tomorrow I will be driving back to the city to nap for the rest of the day, so I can wake up early on Saturday to catch a flight to Chicago with John to go and see my mother. This is my first winter without her, so I'm going to go out and get some nice bouquets of Christmas flowers to put on her grave. I think she'd appreciate it, since she always loved the flowers in the wintertime. John's going for support. I suppose he thinks I am going to break down completely and throw myself across the tombstone or something (even though I told him I would do no such thing.) I think he just wants a reason to go to the big city and not have to deal with the big foreign family reunion that is awaiting him in St. Louis (which we are going to anyways, but just arriving a day late.) I'll get to hear him translate for me Norwegian and all those funky languages his family speaks. I told him it sounded like fun, but he just shook his head and laughed at me. I guess I don't understand.

2 comments:

Andy Rayner said...

Hello Eve
Thanks for dropping by and reading about how we pay huge bucks to maintain our fat :-) 2$ per month per pound. WOW!

Sorry to hear about your mom. That is tough. Christmas always brings back thoughts of special people. Good that John will be there with you. You may not break down, but often a great sense of being "Alone" can settle in when you are alone there.
I was wondering what nationality John might looking at his last name on your posts. I was thinking Finland. Not to far off I guess.

I just submitted my research paper today on the Jula (Dioula) people of West Africa. Hope to write the final exam tomorrow online to get it over with. I'm tired right now.
Looking forward to a Christmas break.Our concerts are all over with now. Can't wait to give the boys their new Martin Acustic Guitar With preamp pickups, and new amplifier. They will enjoy it very much. Will not be a quite Christmas. But they are playing really well now. My Son Ted is now better than I am. I started playing later in life. Teens learn as much in one year as I did in the last16 doodling. We are planning our first "Life concert" in July. A garage pary. (We have a big paved driveway (200feet long) and a huge double garage. We will set up there and let people bring lawn chairs. Should be fun.
Have a good Christmas, and enjoy that big round of Norwegian hugs you will be sure to receive.
God Bless
Andy

Eve said...

Thanks for for the comment. It was nice. I'm in the airport right now waiting for the flight to St. Louis to go and see John's family. It's going to exciting for me, but I think John's nervous.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and did well on your final exam and whatnot. I hope your boys enjoy their guitar, its sound fun, but I was never musically inclined . . . unfornately. I am currently picking my way through the masssive load of new books that John gave me . . . I'm hoping the holiday break doesn't end too soon so that I will have time to read them!