Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm Subpar.

I thought that I should give you an update on the mass now growing on my face (the shingle problem.) Its definitely shingles. Doctor confirmed it. . . but its not like she really needed to . . . I woke up this morning and couldn't even open my eye as it was glued shut with pus and goo and the shingle-pustule formations had spread to the area underneath my eye and into my eyebrow. It doesn't look pretty. Its. . . very red and. . . gooey. . . and the cornflake crusties haven't even formed on it.

It's not looking good. I cancelled all my appointments, called in work and told them that I was taking the week off. . . at first they were hesitant, but when I told them that my face by an version of the chicken pox (because that's what shingles is) they said please stay away as long as you like. . . or something along those lines. . . I didn't even tell them about the fever.

Yeah. . . about the fever and the vomiting. When to the doctor for that. . . despite my previous protests. . . the doctor rumbled and grumbled about this and that and deduced that I had the stomach flu, said that it should and would go away in a few days if I took some pills. . . then he whipped out his pad and scribbled something down.

So now. . . I'm bored. I think this whole "being ill" thing is not for me. Sitting at home in the peak of the day. . . well. . . it doesn't feel right. But I guess I did get out of making another one of those boring research speeches. I don't think I was the Sickness. . . everything in my life actually is sub par.

No comments: