Friday, March 12, 2010

Why life isn't such a bummer: Waking up early, the fruits of baking labor, and a hike in northern California.

For the first time, since the beginning of the school year, I am ahead of schedule. I have finished my work in the laboratory, outlined all my references, and in a whole have finished working on the research I have devoted my soul and being to for the past 12 months. It feels great. I was able to sleep in this morning. Albeit that I only woke up 30 minutes later than I would have typically, it still felt great to wake up in a state of being where I didn't have to rush and fumble to make myself feel more up to living.

I kicked it all off with a big bowl of fruit this morning, after which I indulged myself in the fine art making puffed pastry treats. I haven't had the opportunity to bake much lately, besides the rather unappealing custard tarts I burnt beyond recognition sometime last month (which was a devastating first for me having never burnt so much as a cookie in my life). I pulled myself out of the pit of baking despair, however, to produce some beautiful berry filled turnover treats. I was actually riding such a buzz that I also, to John's surprise and pleasure upon arriving home, made some delicious strudel.

Anyways, if I manage to keep up with life, the blog revival might occur. For now, spring break has arrived and I'm off to northern California to go hiking in the ocean side hills. Woot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eve said...

Am I just like a target for spam? Seriously.