Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mr. Gates and the LAX.

I think today is a good time for my yearly thanking of Mr. Gates. Most people think I'm rash for thanking him, seeing as he is a giant corporate mogul, but I have to say that I owe everything in my life to Mr. Gates . . . well maybe not everything, but a lot of most of it. He paid for the entirety of my education, and is still paying for it (thankfully). Therefore I think that for just one day a year, I should thank him for the hundreds of thousands he has devoted towards myself, because I can frankly say that without him I would never have went to college (I couldn't afford it by any means) and would now be stuck at some dead job pushing numbers for some other corporate person that cares even less about my existence.

Oh, and on further note. I'm leaving for LA on Thursday to go to that conference, I hope it is enjoyable (cough, HA) or is at least as enjoyable as Chicago was. I have to say that I am not a big fan of LA, though. Its a boring city to me, no character, no charm, more equivalent to the heart of evil takeover (yeah, I watched that documentary on how LA was born out of the deception towards farmers and the damming of a river that led to the destruction of subsequent miles of farmland . . . it very informative). However, I've actually never been there . . . with exception to the hours I've spent in LAX, on the shuttle to a hotel, and in a hotel. So, I suppose that is what makes it kind of boring. Eh, its all the same isn't it?

No comments: