Saturday, November 10, 2007

Being a Fruit-Enthusiast.

Now I know, I am very . . . particular . . . about my fruits. I just love them so, which is something that every now and then gets some sort of off hand comment meaning to hit me in the low end by calling me "weird." Being a fruit lover does not make me weird . . . it makes me . . . neurotic. I spent three hours at the market today trying to decide what to get. I was craving a perfect pomegranate but the ones they had were a little too mushy for my taste. The bananas were over-ripe . . . and the kiwi . . . they didn't even merit words. I had to settle for some grapes.

Ah! How I love a good grape! They must be some semblance of a heaven on earth. I went with a bag of red Concords. I also picked up some blueberries. I had some on the ride home . . . delicious. I was planning on smashing some up with a bit of pomegranate (but you see how that worked out) to make quite a fruitful (HA) smoothie, seeing how that's the new fruit trend these days. Yesterday it was strawberry-banana (yeck!) and today all I'm am seeing on the the shelves of fruit juices is something with a blend of blueberry-pomegranate.


I don't know what the deal is. I can't believe I am actually rambling about fruit. I've lost it. Oh yeah, I put in some good pictures. They make my mouth water.

No comments: