Thursday, October 18, 2007

This Thriving Plague.

My favorite pair of blue jeans has developed a hole. This is infinitely depressing to me, another pair soon to fade away, and only give me a cause to head back to the gates of the clothing department hell to buy another pair that won't fit the same, feel the same, wear the same, and inevitably will be shoved away into the back end of the closet until I pull them out to wear due the to fact that all the other remaining options have met the same fate as the original favorite blue jean.

The idea of clothing mystifies me. I suppose I don't get the merit of owning more shoes than I count on my fingers and more clothes to than would fill my closet twice over, when in reality people, even those with such an extensive wardrobe, only put to use half of it. Several years ago, I cleaned out my closet, gave everything I didn't use in the day to day rituals to Goodwill, and now I find that I actually put everything to use and I do not buy until I need to buy. People tell me that that is way I always look so shabby and thrown together, however, my response is that that is due to the fact that I always wear tees (which is and entirely different issue, dealing with fashion, not over consumption as this does.)

We over consume, in our clothing, in our diets, in our day to day lifestyles. Its so sad. Now, I must be off to 'over consume' vicious amounts of vodka and loose myself in reality. Ta Ta.

No comments: